With our first day in London nearly complete, I am thrilled to announce that my internal GPS has kicked in. Thanks to a double-decker bus tour (touristy...but necessary), I feel like I have a good idea where everything is. The place I will be staying for the majority of my month here is just a mile away from our hotel. We walked there today so we could see my future neighborhood, and I am even more excited (and a lot less anxious) to do this solo.
I have also decided that the weather is perfect. We started off the day freezing, and ended sweating. We decided London and San Fran are a good comparison. Needless to say...I am so excited to escape the heat at home.
I think my favorite part of today was being reminded of all of the places I get to explore for a month. I cannot wait to feel (almost) like a local, and no longer just a visitor. I love all of the coffee shops, and am thrilled to have a picnic in one of the countless parks. My mom loved seeing the city, and was excited to hear every bit of history. Dad made us laugh, because to him, all of the buildings looked the same after many hours on the bus. All of us travel differently, but are definitely appreciating each moment.
Following a quick shopping spree, we have successfully mapped out our last few days together. Thus far, nothing has been a disappointment (except for the boat tour the first day). For example, I know people say London doesn't have the best food, but we have eaten ourselves sick on the yummy cuisine. I even taught my parents to use chopsticks tonight! I cannot wait for tomorrow.
oh i love your blog already:) Cant wait to read all that you are up to. Glad you are all having a good time. (and I kinda gotta agree with your dad-it does look the same after awhile, old is old. haha)
ReplyDeletelove the hair Mags! Thanks for sharing... glad you are having fun and the weather looks beautiful.. no rain..
ReplyDelete