Well, July 6th is nearly here. In less than 48 hours I will embark on quite an adventure.
However, adventure is not exactly my middle name. I thrive on routine, lists, and the known - now I just will have to take it day by day. I do love my (comfortable) box, but I look at this as my chance to do something out of the ordinary. God has given me this trip to expand my views and challenge my rigid habits. I know how much time away from those I love can really change me (thanks to El Salvador), so I am curious to see what will happen during the next few weeks.
One thing I can absolutely guarantee is that I will miss my family. I was talking about it with my mom today, there's just this deep, extraordinary connection that I have with these people. I never want to miss moment together, but at the same time, I know I need to take this step. Otherwise, I am afraid I will never travel. I just love Phoenix too much.
As for the immediate preparations, I packed today. With the grace of God and my mom's neverending patience, I somehow shoved a month's worth of wardrobe into one (VERY) large suitcase.
No comments:
Post a Comment