Time for another update. Yesterday was quite busy, and even today I am rushing to blog with the bit of time that I have available. During the past few days, my parents and I feel less like hopelessly lost tourists.
Yesterday we started off the day with a shock. Our internal clocks never turned on (perhaps the jetlag), and we woke up at 9:50 AM. After quickly changing and eating breakfast, we rushed over to Truefitt & Hill where dad got an old fashion shave. (Thanks Andrew for the idea!) For the rest of the day we walked around Picadilly Circus area, experienced the tube for the first time, and marveled at the beauty of Westminster Abbey. I loved the church, and was shocked at how many people, places, and things are connected to this one structure.
The best part of the day, however, was our first West End theatre experience. We saw Sister Act at the London Palladium, which was every bit joyful, entertaining, and unforgettable. I would see it again in a heartbeat. We all were so excited to see it before it hit the States.
Today was our Shakespeare day. We attended the Open Air Theatre performance of Macbeth (in Regent's Park), ate lunch at a pub, and visited the Globe for Nick. We (mostly I) navigated the tube system, and Mom and I decided that Dad has no sense of direction in a foreign country. Nevertheless, we are laughing a lot at Dad's emphatic statements that the Thames is in the opposite direction of its actual location.
Currently I am in my dorm room (just moved in), and definitely appreciating my beautiful abode at Barrett. Nevertheless, it is definitely a livable space. I am off to my last dinner with Mom and Dad in England soon. (It's hard to believe the last few days have gone by so fast!)
Tomorrow I start my solo journey. I plan to share all that I ticked (as the British say) off my bucket list in the past few days. Hope all is well at home.
Sounds like you're having a great time already :) Hope you're taking lots of pics! love ya!
ReplyDelete