Sunday, July 25, 2010

So The Nerd Kicked in...

Due to the fact that I just blogged yesterday, there's not a lot to report, but I am feeling exceptionally blessed and happy. I feel like this is a good time to share with you all some of my current musings. I am getting very excited to come home and see you all, but at the same time, I am going to be so sad because I do not know when I will be back. I have already decided that European adventure next summer is a must though, better start saving up as soon as I get home!

Last night will probably be one of my favorite nights in London. A group of 12 of us went to a club called the Ministry of Sound, which is a short walk from our building. (Do not worry fam: the group had a safe mix of boys and girls.) Ministry had the most eclectic mix of individuals. I learned some serious new dance moves and marveled at the superior people watching available. (Grandma...you would have died if you had seen them all!) One of the boys with us protected all of the girls from any creepy/random guys that looked like they wanted to dance with us. He would simply step in between us (got to love the chivalry). Somehow (a miracle, perhaps?), we all found each other by the end of the night, and walked home together.

I woke up this morning determined to actually do work. Novel concept, right? I am telling you...London has sucked out all of my motivation to do schoolwork. Nevertheless, my passion for exploring has only increased as the days have flown by. Today was not like any other though, and I was successful in completing three of my four big articles for my class. I still have a reflective piece to write, but I plan on using my blog entries for material.

After some Sunday cleaning (my ritual even at ASU), I ended up at my favorite bakery for lunch (which was also one of the only places open on a Sunday). In the evening, Erin and I went to church at one of the only places left that actually has a Catholic mass in the city. I left feeling extremely inspired and thankful. We next grabbed some dinner, during which we barely spoke...we were so exhausted! Following my academic tradition on a night when I am a bit sleepy, but still with work to do, I grabbed a coffee and got to work. (I missed my roommates Anna and Z...we walked to Dutch so many times last year.) I am happy to report that I got everything done that I wanted to, which is the absolute best feeling.

At this point in my day, I am planning my last few big excursions in England. Andrew is arriving tomorrow, and I am counting down the hours. (The only thing that would make the visit perfect would be Nicky's presence too.)I booked tickets to tour Buckingham Palace with Erin and our friend Kate. I plan to see Love Never Dies (Phantom's new sequel), go to Brighton Beach (on Friday with Jeff and Erin), and spend some serious time in the parks. Oh, and of course...go to all of the weekend markets!

As I mentioned before, I have thought extensively of my blessings today. These last few weeks have reminded me of how lucky I am to have such a loving group of people surrounding me. I have friendships that will last through the rest of my life with dynamic, hilarious, and caring individuals, and my family...you all know how much I would be lost without them. I could not be luckier. It's funny how you are reminded of this when you are away from everyone! I cannot wait to tell you the stories in person soon :)

Lovin' you from London.

1 comment:

  1. I was so surprised to see another blog entry. What a welcome sight. Sounds like the most perfect trip, we can't wait to hear each and every story again when you come home. Mexican food is waiting for you!

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete