For those of you at home (most of which are family members), I am sure you are so thrilled to know that I am more than half way through my London trip. This is so hard for me to believe in some ways...two weeks already past?!? In honor of the downward slide of my journey, I updated my bucket list today, and made sure to add a few extras. I discovered that my West End activities have been limitless, but I really want to spend more time in the beautiful parks. This may sound a bit dull...but just wait until I show you pictures. Next week I plan on getting a tea and reading for hours in Hyde or Regent's. Perfect bliss, let me tell you.
Back to reporting...I left off the last entry about to go on our Pub Crawl. However, it was not the rowdy experience that you may expect. We went through the City of London, and I learned a bit more about this square mile. It definitely made me appreciate the experience of meeting the Lord Mayor even more. After a quick pub grub dinner, we drowsily made our way back to International House. I laughed a ton that night...and took a few lovely pictures.
Yesterday was a theatre day, two shows in one. I went and saw the Secret of Sherlock Holmes with my class. I am meant to write a review on it as an assignment, and I am afraid it won't be an entirely positive one. Let's just say, it was not one of my favorites. We did have the privilege of meeting the cast though, which was a treat and definitely made the afternoon worthwhile. Following an ice cream cone...and subsequent chocolate stains on my shirt, I made my way back into Central London during rush hour (always a fun activity). I had decided earlier to snag Les Mis tickets if possible. By some miracle I got 7th or 8th row tickets for student prices (more than 1/2 off)! I got better tickets than my friends who bought balcony tickets on Monday - a reward for patience I guess (and also a bit of luck). With this prime spot, I was able to critique/appreciate/stare at Nick Jonas. He didn't entirely blow me away, but it's fun to say I saw him perform up close.
Today was another day full of routine. I went to class, but not before grabbing tea and a croissant at the bakery around the corner. I am officially addicted to these local shops, and because of this yummy (and not so healthy) obsession, I went and worked out after class. It's always funny when your body fights every bit of exercise...mine did that today. I loved it though. I took the tube back to my dorm, showered, and spent the afternoon being lazy in my room. I ran some errands this afternoon, started my new book...The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is supposed to be phenomenal. I love the feeling when you are starting a new book (nerdy, I know). I am so enjoying this quiet, low-key time. I know that once school starts, it will all be over.
I am off to dinner with Erin. We are going to explore more of our neighborhood. I cannot believe that we have not done more of this before, but time is of the essence. I promise to write very soon.
Lovin' you all from London.
Love the blog entry, is that a new top?
ReplyDeleteLove you tons,
Mom
YES! One of my uniqlo purchases...I think it was like 9 or 10 bucks (w/ the exchange rate). If you take the straps off, it's a high waisted skirt!!!!
ReplyDelete