Saturday, July 24, 2010

I have to get it all in...

So I leave in about a 10 days. This is kind of freaking me out because I feel like there is so much to do, and my homework is really getting in the way of it all. You all at home would be shocked with my lack of motivation. I will get the work done, but I am not sure when exactly.

On Thursday night Erin and I walked around, found a lovely dinner spot, and headed back to our dorms fairly early. We expected to go to bed, and then were easily convinced to go back out with a bunch of our friends. Thankfully, we managed to not lose anyone that night, and I had my first true night bus experience (as the tube was closed when we made our way back to the South Bank).

I sure do love Fridays. They are the perfect opportunity to smash as much of the city in as possible. Jeff, Erin, and I woke up early to go get Wicked tickets. If you get in line early enough, it's possible to get first row seats on the day of. By some chance we ended up snagging that last 3 seats. Erin and I then traveled a short distance to Abbey Road. Another item scratched off our bucket list, and it was nice because truly it took us 15 minutes to take all of the pictures and such that we needed.

After some relaxation time, Erin and I met up with Uncle Rodney's friend Bill for a full English Tea. A few hours later, we stumbled out of the flat with stomachs full of tea, clotted cream, scone, etc...all of which are horrible for me (hence the working out). We met Jeff back at the dorm, and made our way, during rush hour of course, to Wicked. I forget how much I truly love this show. I kept thinking of Emily though, she used to be obsessed with this musical. Though the cast was mostly understudies...they blew me out of the water. I have seen it three times before, so I guess third time's a charm. After our ritual of samosas and a bus ride home, I quickly fell asleep.

Today was another day trip with my social program. We got another tour of the English countryside, which truly is hard to capture in photos. I have given up trying to do so. We spent a few hours in Oxford, which is a very charming city, and then headed back to London. I really liked walking through the streets where so many brilliant people have done so before. Our tour guide was fabulous and made sure to point out all of the famous spots (where Einstein wrote his famous formula, Harry Potter inspirations, and Alice in Wonderland locales). I was so thankful that it was only a short bus ride away as well...I am not sure I could take another 5 hour journey.

Tonight a bunch of us are going out on the town, as this is our last Saturday with everyone still here.

Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment