2013 is already off to a near perfect start. I danced my way into the new year with some of my closest girlfriends by my side, went to see Les Mis with my grandparents, and got a serious amount of hugs from niece, ANDDDD the Radiant Winter Issue came out.
I originally heard about this incredible, faith-focused magazine Anna when she wrote about it last summer. I felt really called to contact the editor, and she was kind enough to ask me to write for this issue. After starting college, I have really struggled to incorporate a consistent examination of my religion. Faith is ebbs and flows, but I do think it's crucial to make time to continue to grow, question, doubt, research, etc. I am thanking God big time today for the opportunity to get my work published (for the first time...EEK) and and giving me the guts to take a risk.
I told less than five people this was happening until today...the big reveal. (Keep in mind: I am a sharer. I repeat the same story several times a day just to make sure everyone in my life hears what's going on in my life, so the fact that I kept this inside is a GIGANTIC deal.) Alas, it's all out in the open, and I am freaking excited.
Happy 2013! I hope your first 24 hours of the new year included a surprise or two.
XO

I found your blog through this magazine! You wrote a wonderful excerpt on Our Pursuit of Love and I must say I love your blog as well. Keep up the writing and Happy New Year!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading :) I am so thankful for the chance to even be associated with Radiant. I hope you keep reading and following along. Happy New Year to you as well!
DeleteI want to write something for Radiant magazine as well. Who should I contact?
ReplyDeleteI think the best way to do so is reach out to the Editor, Rose! Good luck :)
ReplyDelete