Saturday, January 12, 2013

ABQ in Pictures

Old Town Square

Cute cafe with the yummiest hot chocolate 

historic building + holiday decorations = perfection

Beautiful courtyard (nothing better than adobe w/ turquoise accents)

Random doorway that I had to capture

Right before the holidays I traveled to Albuquerque to help a very close friend find her wedding dress. I haven't seen this crazy amazing girl since June, and I was thrilled to spend some quality time together. We managed to snag the perfect white ensemble for her, and a ridiculously wonderful attire for the groom.

When we weren't dodging crazy holiday shoppers and nearly freezing from the low temps (my AZ native self was in so many layers), we warmed up and relaxed at some super yummy restaurants like this one and this one. On our last day, we explored Old Town Albuquerque (where all the pictures above were taken). Sadly I didn't take as many pictures as I would have hoped (my hands were always stuffed into my coat, making picture-taking tough), but I will definitely be back. The three days flew by as I soaked up every bit of this new city. Honestly, ABQ reminded me of how truly kind, wonderful, and authentic people can be in the Southwest. It's definitely underrated!

What this trip made me thankful for: exploring new cities in my beautiful country, cappuccinos and NM Mexican food (not together, of course), reunions with girlfriends, winter weather (for short periods), fingerless gloves, wedding planning, and pre-holiday de-stressers. 

HAPPY WEEKEND!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a totally delightful trip :-) And my goodness, what an awesome little adobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I think there's nothing better than a long weekend...just long enough to recharge :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely little city. Now I want to go, darn it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news Christine: it's not too far of a drive if you are back in AZ. Perfect long weekend :)

      Delete