Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013 Darlings!

images via: 1, 2, 3

Some highlights from 2012: 
-I graduated from college. (This big girl life still hasn't sunk in.)
-I found out niece #2 is on her way.
-My entire (immediate) family met for a life-changing brunch at the Hotel Del.
-I got my first full-time job thanks to a combination of 3 part-times.
-Three of my closest girlfriends got engaged. (I can't wait for their weddings in '13!)

This year consisted of celebrations, heartbreak, laughter, travels, Alumni status, moving, yummy food, rekindled friendships, newly-hired mistakes/growth, service, answering some big questions, asking some bigger ones, and the list goes on. 

I really thought 2012 was never going to come, but it did, and now it's gone. Somehow I grew up big time in such a short amount of time. Though I didn't feel ready for the "real world," I look back and think maybe I was more prepared than I originally thought. I have found out that I am resilient and apt to make significant, positive change in the world around me. I look back at 2012, and I am humbled for the blessings bestowed upon me. I cannot wait to see what 2013 brings. 

As I look to the next 12 months, my resolution is to be more mindful of what I do and say. Though cursing can be funny, humorous, and even appropriate at times, I need to watch my high uses of my favorite four letter words. I also want to be more kind to myself and monitor what negative thoughts I perpetuate. There's always room to improve, but I cannot and will not tear myself down in the process. This time in my life is confusing, and I will work towards giving myself a break when the next five steps aren't perfectly/efficiently planned. As for those around me, they deserve my love, support, and attention. I need to be aware of my surroundings, work to eliminate selfishness, and do whatever I can to be a source of love for others. It all sounds like a lot to tackle, but I have 365 days to make it happen :) 

What are your crazy-amazing-but-terrifying resolutions?

Wishing you a night filled with champagne toasts, glittery heels, and confetti. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment