Thanks Hampto for documenting my hysteria
One of his newest songs, about his long-term gf
Everyone has one, whether you admit it or not. A teenage celebrity crush, whose face was likely plastered in your room, clothing, locket, and fill-in-the-blank with another ridiculously silly location.
Tyler Hilton was mine. I was in LOVE with Tyler Hilton circa 2004-2007. During this time I saw him twice in concert. Once on the OTH Tour (admit it...you wanted to go to a show, you did go, or you knew someone who did). I also saw him at a smaller venue in Phoenix thanks to my super wonderful big brother who tagged along. Each time I was taken over with the fact that I was in his presence. (I still get this way when I see a musician I love in person...read on. If you need proof, just look above!)
Tyler was and still is the perfect mix of beautiful lyrics and handsome man. When I loved him way back when, the latter was much more important. (I guess I was more superficial back then.) Either way, there's something about live music. When I found out a few months ago that he was touring with Ryan Cabrera and Teddy Geiger too, I just about died.
Flash forward to last night (or I guess flash backward now, but whatever), I was reminded why I was so obsessed with Mr. Hilton way back when. Needless to say, I embarrassed myself with the amount of dancing, screaming, and singing. I am pretty certain my friends watched me more than Teddy/Ryan/Tyler. I don't regret it one bit.
A night out with the girls was just what I needed to get me out of a recent funk. There's nothing I love more than live music, yummy food/drink, and good company. Here's to hoping that 2013 is filled with many more mid-week date nights with my favorite people!

No comments:
Post a Comment