Confession time: I truly adore the beach, but I am absolutely TERRIFIED of drowning/all large bodies of water. It's the being immersed into deep water that's terrifying, but staring at it from afar (or on shore really) is pure bliss. Fair warning: if you even TRY to throw me into even a pool, I will scream and later cry like a newborn. Trust me, it's not worth it for anyone involved.
Moving on, I studied abroad in Costa Rica a few summers ago, and we spent our weekend trips exploring this extremely eclectic and breathtaking country. I am planning on more pictures in the weeks to come, but here's a first look.
The top two photos are from La Fortuna. Though it's hard to see, the waterfall is roughly 200 feet high, and though it was full of an adventuresome hike consisting of neverending "stairs," the view was worth every asthmatic breath.
The two photos below are from a beach in Puerto Viejo (Caribbean side). The culture in this town is crazy interesting. There is a huge African influence, very similar to what you would imagine in Jamaica. I spent my weekend staring at the water, sleeping in a big kid tree house, and dancing the night away.
Take me back to this land full of kind people and how-is-this-even-real landscapes.


.jpg)

Ah so pretty! I want to go to Costa Rica so badly!
ReplyDeleteIt's really worth every penny. I would definitely do your research before though. The Pacific Coast is definitely more touristy and has a completely different vibe than the Caribbean Coast. Although, both are downright gorgeous :)
DeleteI've heard wonderful things about Costa Rica! Someday I need to travel there. I just came across your blog, love it!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are following along :) Trust me, Costa Rica is Heaven on Earth. I kept pinching myself all the way through.
DeleteComing over from La Mia Vita, I like your blog a lot!! Will be following!
ReplyDeleteHi Malin! Thanks for following along :)
Delete