Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Biggest Influences


Boy am I thankful for growing up in a culture when women are allowed and expected to be successful. I don't have rose-colored glasses on, I know the gender inequality exists in the world, which makes me even more grateful for my upbringing. My family is full of strong, dynamic, big dreaming, boisterous, direct, story-telling females. They have continued to ingrain in me the importance of both femininity and self-confidence. 

Today I had a simply inspiring morning with an impressive group. I attended a tea for female Alums of my University, and even though I just graduated (a whole six months ago), I couldn't believe the talents and gifts of the younger students. The room was jam packed with successful and passionate women, and I found myself completely ready to take on the world. Though that sounds a bit silly and dramatic, I truly think this was the best way to start off a weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment