I read this quote on the program for my sister-in-law's graduation pamphlet for her Master's. In the last four years these words have echoed in my heart and mind.
It's such a powerful statement, and one with so much meaning. Padre Arrupe's words are not simply referring to finding our "soul mate." (Something I do not necessarily believe in anyways, but that's for another post.) I believe he intended this statement to remind people that we are meant to live our lives with love. We also must be careful what we fill our time with. Negativity, intolerance, and selfishness will eventually seep into other aspects of our life. I believe it's so important that we discern what motivates us, because it is so easy to let insecurity or jealousy take over. I want to fall in love with something and someone worth my time and energy.
The last few weeks of the year are always very reflective, at least for me. I am very aware of the crazy wonderful life that I lead. I have made is my mission to be generous, kind, and thoughtful. There are days when this is a complete struggle, but I aim to embody what Padre Arrupe encourages above. I want love to rule my thoughts, my actions, and eventually, my entire life.
I want to love to decide everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment