Monday, December 10, 2012

Mother Maggie Mondays: Believe



I have always been the "mother" in my group of friends. There's always one, right? Well, that has always been me. I was voted the Most Maternal in high school. (Yes, that was a superlative. I went to an all-girls school after all...) However, my Mother Maggie nickname came to be in elementary school. Though at times I have fought it, I now hold this title with pride. If anything, it gave me years of material for this new Mother Maggie Monday idea.

Starting off, I think there's no way we can truly enter into any other relationship (romantic, friendship, or otherwise) if we do not have a solid and healthy relationship with ourselves. It may sound trite or unoriginal, but everyone struggles with self-doubt at some point.

We have to believe in our own greatness. We have to believe that we can accomplish our goals, because if we don't, no one will. As C.S. Lewis says, "We are what we believe we are." In that case, don't we all want to be self-confident, joyful, fulfilled, dynamic, and inspiring individuals? 

To reach this state of belief we must simply make the first step. One really great way to initiate this self-love process is to think about two personal attributes (one physical, one not) that you appreciate on a daily basis. It may sound like a silly routine, but over all you will find yourself more confident, inside and out.

Believe you are worthy, because you are. You are beautiful, lovely, and totally original. No one else can replace you. 


4 comments:

  1. LOVE that lost quote! I think more people need to realize just how important the belief in themselves really helps shape who they are. This is something I've been working on in myself too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lifelong challenge, I think. The self-doubt that is ingrained in the human psyche can be debilitating. That's what I think it is so important to be surrounded by people who continue to support and motivate us.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, Mother Maggie! =) That is too funny that people called you mother Maggie because that's what people call me too! I'm also a Maggie and when I studied abroad in Rome for a semester everyone called me mom. =) It's definitely not a bad thing. I also like that you have a special love for London! I went there with a good friend before our semester in Rome began. I'm glad I found your beautiful blog through La Mia Vita. I'm your newest follower from over at Sweet Peas and Lucky Honey! A blessed advent to you.

    ~Maggie
    http://echosoftheheartdobeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There most be something about our name then! I have actually met a few other women who like us, are known as Mother Maggie. I think that having maternal and loving qualities actually attract people to you.

      So glad you are now following. It's such a blessing to be able to connect to others through blogging. Merry Christmas. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again.

      Delete