Monday, April 8, 2013

MMM: If We Wait...



Patience. Patience. Patience. I am all about taking a breath, counting to ten, and doing whatever I have to slow down my reaction time (If you have read my About me page, you know that it's an everyday challenge to do so.)

With that being said, there's a time and place for everything. Patience is not always the answer. Sometimes we need to jump at the opportunities that we are faced with: applying to that dream job that you think you will never land, breaking your rules and asking someone on a date first, buying that plane ticket to the number one place on your travel list…you get the idea.

I am all about living in my comfortably padded box, but I have decided to make “Fear Means Go” my new motto, my daily mantra, my phrase to live by.

As someone who craves routine and loves knowing what is coming my way next, the idea of stepping out there and taking a risk terrifies me. I know that I am not alone in this tentativeness. It’s so much easier to just accept what we already have in our life, accept routine, and accept mediocrity.

I don’t know about you, but I want to live a life of crazy-amazing, life-is-just-too-wonderful experiences. I don’t want to just sit back and relax.

Embrace the uncertainty. Say yes to what scares the living daylights out of you. And remember, life's just a more fun when you break the rules that box you in.

4 comments:

  1. it's definitely scary, but pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone is where the living really happens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I just said yes to chaperoning a group of high school students abroad this July. Scary in many ways, but so worth it :)

      Delete
  2. Ah this quote! I couldn't agree more! And yet why is it so difficult to be patient?? ;)
    Loved what you said about a comfortable padded box. Its too easy to sit in it instead of step into the unknown.
    Good thoughts my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I have to keep repeating these words to myself. I am such a creature of habit. And as for patience, it's something I pray for every day. I have a feeling God and I will have many conversations about it for the rest of my life!

      Delete