Hootie in all its glory
Darius Rucker's newest tune
Music takes you back. Hootie reminds me of my brothers, in particular my oldest one. (He introduced me to the gloriousness that is Darius Rucker's voice.) Hootie reminds me of simpler times, when the biggest worry I had was what chores were on my mom's after school to-do list on the kitchen counter. Hootie just flat out makes me smile.
I have seen this man twice in concert, and both times I look like a complete goof. I sing every word to every one of his songs and I dance like a fool. My attempt to look cool or at least suitable for public goes out the window.
Maybe it's the fact that I grew up to Hootie & The Blowfish. I have listened to the songs on repeat through road trips, fights with friends, lazy afternoons, and more. There's just something that's so raw and true about all of their lyrics.
Darius has made me one happy lady in the last few years as he has transitioned to country music. Honestly, he could have chosen any genre, and I would have kept on listening. I just didn't want him to stop making music. His newest song can officially be added to my long list of favorite Hootie/Darius songs.
Enjoy :)
Hootie and the Blowfish are a classic and I totally agree that there is something so soothing about the band! I love that Darius Rucker is now country though. My dad always says Hootie was the only person who could calm my sister to sleep :)
ReplyDelete