Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter Everyone

A pastel church in El Salvador

This week was incredibly uplifting and also completely frightening. We had a big breakthrough at the nonprofit I work for and I got to spend much needed time with some friends who no longer live in AZ. However, the amazingness of hard work payoffs and soul mate reunions were difficult to truly enjoy after a friend shared something with me. 

To respect everyone involved I am not going to share the details, but I can say that the news terrified and saddened me. It was one of those moments when I teared up and thought, how does this even happen in the world we live in? One of those, "why does God let this happen to such a good person?" moments. I truly struggled with accepting all that occurred, and I wasn't even involved. 

In times like these, I am endlessly grateful for my faith. The last few days have challenged what I believe, but I know that I would be completely lost and heartbroken without it. My belief system is my compass when I feel like there are no answers or direction in my life. 

With all that has gone on, Easter could not come at a better time. The Lenten season is by far my favorite part of the liturgical calendar. It is an opportunity to refocus my life on what truly matters and start fresh from Ash Wednesday on. 

Easter is proof that God's love is  everlasting. He is with us in the darkest of times. He provides comfort when we feel the harsh realities of the world around us. Though I do all that I can to have a God-centered life, I needed this reminder.

Happy Easter, everyone. Whether you celebrate it or not, I hope you realize that you are cherished and adored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment