Proof that nature can be beautiful even in the coldest of months.
Can I live in this building? (Ignore the fact that it is on the UNM campus.)
I love the turquoise accents in the Southwest.
A perk of my three jobs is that I am getting to travel quite a bit this spring. I recently took four students to a conference at University of New Mexico. Though I have always loved the Southwest, my recent visits to ABQ inspire me to one day live in an adobe house.
Some things I learned about myself on this trip:
+I still need to eat every few hours or a shutdown like a toddler.
+I can now drive through insane weather like snowstorms without breaking a sweat.
+Music mixes from the 90s make road trips that much more entertaining.
And my most favorite takeaway was from Robert Egger of DC Central Kitchen, he advised the college-aged students in the room to simply:
"Look for that doorway to where you can make
a difference. Walk with like-minded individuals and make change together. Refuse to accept normal. Refuse to stick to your routine. Ask questions. And with leadership and bravery, anything is possible."
No comments:
Post a Comment