Friday, May 10, 2013

Confession: I Listened To My Own Advice


Remember my whole "Fear Means Go" business? Well, I actually listened to my own advice this time. 

A group of my friends jokingly proposed that I join them in Barcelona, Spain for a little over a week at the end of June. I laughed it off, thinking of my "adult" responsibilities (vacation time, saving for grad school, etc.), but then I starting actually considering it. Within a few hours, I decided I was going.

All of my bosses approved the time off, I accepted that my bank account is going to take a small hit, and I booked the ticket. As I pressed "confirm" and officially parted with $1000+, I was so proud of myself.

I did it, or at least, I am doing it. I have always dreamed of going to Spain, and I am making it happen. I am proud of myself for jumping in with eyes wide open and not running away from what will be a life-changing, dream-like week and a half.

39 days and counting.

Have you ever surprised yourself with a "fear means go" decision?

2 comments:

  1. i swear that whole pressing submit on the ridiculous expensive airplane ticket is the worst part! so much anxiety!! i'll see you recommendations asap!

    way to go saying yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl!!! Spain is my favorite place on earth. There's no way in hell you'll ever regret this decision. This post just made me want to do something spontaneous....

    ReplyDelete