Monday, May 6, 2013

Better Late Than Never: 250 Words


I have had Jenni's fabulous Blog Challenge on my to-do list for the last week, but the part-time job juggle got the best of me. However, I couldn't let this month pass me by without joining in. So here it is, my (attempt at a) 250-word autobiography, enjoy...

FUN FACT: I remember directing this photo shoot, specifically explaining the location and camera angle.

I was born at the end of one of the hottest summers on record in Phoenix, Arizona. My poor mother cried her entire 33rd birthday because she was still pregnant; cue me being born two days later, on my own terms. From the very beginning, I made it clear that I would be a bit of a control freak with a flair for the dramatics. My childhood was a blur of nonstop reading/nerd marathons, sports games (not mine, but my brothers), and family gatherings (nearly my entire extended family was based in AZ). My parents raised us in a consistently loving and supportive household, which  prepared me for an all-girls high school experience, and is something definitely I appreciate even more as now as I enter adulthood. With a strong sense of self, I have always been a bit of an old soul, waiting for others’ to catch up. I believe I am meant to serve others, and have dedicated my life thus far to seeking out more opportunities to connect, learn, explore, and travel. Phoenix is still my home base, but my wanderlust spirit has taken me all over the US, Mexico, El Salvador, England, Ireland, France, Italy, and up next (this summer): Spain and Azerbaijan. With just shy of 23 years of life lived, I am waiting with my arms open for whatever comes next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment