Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 14: 10 Things That Make Me Happy

Day 14, Tuesday: Ten things that make you really happy from Jenni's Challenge

In no particular order...

1. When my favorite flower is in season.
Aren't daffodils "happy flowers?"

2. The comforting feeling I only get around my family. I am someone who is incredibly composed, and there are few people that get to see the "other" Maggie. When I am around my family I am beyond goofy (like displaying my signature dance moves during commercials for entertainment), and I even think I am funny (well at least my Mom says so). I always think, "if only they knew me around my family." I am such a big believer that if you can really get to know a someone's family, then you are able to fully understand them.

3. My bedtime ritual of reading my latest book. There's nothing better than detaching from social media for a good chunk of time before going to sleep. My current read: Wild by Cheryl Strayed. 

4. The chaos that ensues when my nieces come over for dinner. I especially look forward to when the older little one takes a bath, and the two of us share the most silly conversations that only toddlers can start.

5. Running from place to place, finishing errands with some of my best friends. I love the occasional Saturday when our schedules align and we can knock things off our to-do list together. Nothing makes me happier than company from these beautiful ladies.


6. Afternoon snacks when I am in just the right neighborhood to devour this combo:
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie & Passion Iced Tea

7. 6 AM Yoga, twice a week. I never thought I would say this, but there's something truly fabulous about starting my day off this way. When I miss a class, I truly see a difference in my day, and this has been my saving grace in the last few insane months.

8. Mass + Sunday Brunch is my absolute favorite way to start the week. I get to spend time with my parents/grandparents, and I am able to refocus and relax before Monday morning hits. 

9. Exploring new places and speaking Spanish at the same time. Though I have not been able to do so nearly as much as my wanderlust would like, I truly love Spanish-speaking countries. They all have a unique culture, but their passion for life, family, and love are all the same. Plus, it's nice to know that my 10+ years of Spanish classes gave me, at the very least, conversational skills.

10. When my favorite show starts a new season, especially when I would otherwise be stuck watching summer rerun. July 16 couldn't come fast enough, Harvey/Mike/all things Suits: hurry up and get here!

4 comments:

  1. i love daffodils. growing up in south carolina they grew like wildflowers in spring and we use to pick so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you should came to Argentina! We have beautiful landscapes , delicious food and speak a lot of spanish here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you should came to Argentina! We have beautiful landscapes , delicious food and speak a lot of spanish here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then you should came to Argentina! We have beautiful landscapes , delicious food and speak a lot of spanish here :)

    ReplyDelete