Sunday, November 25, 2012

WoW: Simon Sinek



Have you ever had one of those days filled with moments that you know you will remember every detail? Usually these consist of birthdays, graduations, wedding days, etc., but my most recent "I-will-never-forget-you-slash-can-I-relive-you-now?" days was last month when I was fortunate enough to see Simon Sinek speak.

This guy is honestly too much to handle and truly appreciate in just one post, so there will definitely be more to come. For now, I will just say that he reaffirmed everything that I am doing in my life. He believes in the value of generosity and promotes the necessity for real relationships. Simon has built his career around helping others find their "why," and then encouraging them to follow their passions for life. 

Throughout the afternoon filled with Simon-isms that were just too difficult to all capture via my phone's notes app, but the one above just stuck in mind. I have continued to repeat it in the weeks following, because I love the simple message: we all come to the world with different gifts. Because of this, we are intended to share these gifts with those around us. These gifts never really belonged to us in the first place, so they must be given away.

We cannot hide or disguise our AMAZINGNESS. How important is that to remember? We gotta own our greatness and realize that others will benefit from our presence in their lives, and vice versa, of course. 

That Simon...he knows that he's taking about. 

1 comment: