Saturday, November 17, 2012

Live in the Present

My favorite spot in London (Regent's Park) with  some wise words of my friend. 

Sometimes we just need a reminder to stop and just live. It sounds silly, but I feel like I so easily just rush through my days. I am doing so many things I love (3 part-time jobs' worth), that it's so easy to simply overlook the beauty in a the present moment. I am so thrilled to be living out my passion through my nonprofit work, and I cannot imagine waking up 5 or 10 years with only blurry (not from alcohol, but from rushing though life) recollections of my early 20s. Life is simply to wonderful to not find a few things to be especially grateful for every day.

As for the future, oh the future. I just need to be patient and trust in God's plan. When I just focus on the present moment I can focus on the tasks at hand with the knowledge that it's all coming together. I refuse to be someone who is always dreaming of far off places and incredible jobs, when I am living a blessed life just where I am now. It's time to spend my time recognizing all that I have in my life and not what is missing. 

Things I am thankful for today: Friendsgiving celebrations, quiet moments to think, morning TV time with my mom, and new CDs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment