Monday, November 26, 2012

Reik: "Creo En Ti (En Vivo)"


There's something about a man that can sing, but if you add two guitars and another two amazing voices, it's almost too much to handle. Reik is pure perfection in music form, and this band is also what got me through the last few months of my Spanish minor. I remember jamming out to their CD in my car and actually understanding the lyrics without translating them to English first. (I nearly swerved into oncoming traffic when I realized this...) 

Towards the end of college, my Spanish studies proved laborious, frustrating, and draining. I no longer enjoyed the challenge. I found myself struggling to memorize the latest vocab and understand the meaning of 200-year old poetry. (Honest moment: I know that I am an intelligent person, but I can't for the life of me decode poetry in my native tongue, let alone in a foreign one.) Nevertheless, when I let go of the thought that I would never reach my insurmountable goal of Spanish fluency (it WILL happen some day), I just decided to enjoy my progress thus far.

Sometimes that's what we gotta remember: take time to relish the successes we have achieved at this point, and stop stressing about how much more we have to do. Listen to a little bit of Reik, dance/sing our hearts out, and remember it will work out :)


NOTE: Even if you don't know a word of Spanish, the rhythm of Reik songs will just make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment