Maybe it's the post-college transition or the fact that I have read my fair share of Thought Catalog articles recently (like this, this, and this) all about the life as a twenty-something, but I have been doing a lot of thinking. I know the type of person I want to be at this moment and the person that I am working towards becoming in the future.
This crazy-amazing-confusing-never-ending-yet-too-short decade that is the 20s will end. (NOTE: I realize that life will go on and I sure hope/expect it to only improves over time.) With that in mind, I do not want to hit 2020 and think wow my friends/job/lifestyle do not reflect the person I am meant to be.
This MMM post is just as much for me as it is for those of you who read it. Surround yourself with people who help you reach for that dream that everyone else always said was impossible. Spend your days with people that make you laugh until you cry (both acts are crucial for this person to be worthy of your time). Dedicate your free time to lifting up the spirits of those who always give you hugs, calls of encouragement, and pick-me-ups on those days that seem full of disappointment.
Don't wake up and find yourself to be someone you don't like. Look around and note who you are spending your time with; make sure they are a reflection of the dream you are working on.
The individuals closest to us influence the way we think, grow, and love. Choose carefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment