Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bon Iver & Rainy Days


Arizona is experiencing some INSANE weather by our standards today. I am pretty sure the sky is opening up outside my window. I feel like February is trying out to be a part of the Monsoon Season Crew. (NOTE to the current hyperbolic month: if I were a judge, you would be in. Be kind to me.)

Anyways, if anyone knows desert natives, you know that we don't really know how to handle anything but the heat. Drivers literally go to miles an hour on the freeway and people stare aimlessly at the water falling to the ground. Sometimes we have to be reminded this is what people in the Northwest call rain. R-A-I-N.

With our rainy days so few and far between, I have made a mental and now a virtual list of my favorite rainy day activities in Phoenix:

1. Watching the rain + listening to Bon Iver = perfection
2. Drinking a Velvet here (The entire Phoenix community swarms this place on unusually cold or wet days.)
3. Baking cookies: something my mom always used to do with us when we were little. (Check out this picture for proof of my sous chef skills.)
4. Wearing my rain boots (This is possible for a max of 7 days a year. Summer storms aren't ideal for this footwear.)
5. Watching one of my favorite movies like this one or that one.

Basically, I like doing these things all of the time, but they are especially lovely if it's not one of our 300 sunny days a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment