So remember when I actually listened to my own advice? Well, the radio silence on this blog is partially because of that once in a lifetime trip to Barcelona, Spain. Since the end of mid-May, I have taken three domestic trips (NYC and weddings) and two international trips (more to come on those). After quite a few memories made this summer, my week and a half in Barcelona still sticks out among the rset.
Spain has always been at the top of my travel bucket list and considering I am now focused on crossing things off that list, rather than just adding to it, there was no way I could turn down the trip.
For a little over a week, I explored Barcelona with four close friends (two boys/two girls). I was so thankful for their companionship, open attitudes, and adventurous spirit. What could have been truly awkward (not all of us had met, let alone hung out with, everyone in the group), was something so refreshingly fun.
On our first full day we decided to waste no time and see GaudÃ's masterpiece, La Sagrada Familia.
As someone who is faith-filled, La Sagrada Familia was way more than a building. I was overwhelmed by the level of detail, and I couldn't get over the fact that it is still not finished (almost 200 years later). I am sure some, if not all, of you have seen pictures thus far, but I shared a few of my own below.
Stained glass/organ glory
I could stare at these windows for hours
Barcelona from above
My final look
If you are ever in doubt of whether you should go to Barcelona, this church alone should inspire you to make the trip. My friends who had seen countless other churches across Europe all said that this was the most incredible and awe-inspiring.
Have you ever had one of those travel moments that still sticks out?
Wow that church is stunning! So unique looking as well! Sounds like it was truly a remarkable trip and those are the greatest.
ReplyDeleteThis truly was an inspiring trip, and I can't wait for the many more to come! But yes, La Sagrada Familia was not only a place of religious faith, but a unique piece of architecture that can initiate creativeness in anyone. Gaudi was ahead of his generation and I hope that any young and aspiring architects can look at his works and find their own style within them.
ReplyDeleteWe better go back some day together, love. I want to see it when it's finished. Thank you for giving me some of my best travel memories ever.
DeleteBarcelona is such a beautiful city - plus it has a beach so you have the best of both worlds. Amazing culture and the chance to laze on the sand!
ReplyDeleteMaryam @ softandcosy.com
Isn't that the truth! I was so thankful for the ability to see some of the most incredible sights, while also being lazy on the beach. Thanks for coming by!
Delete