My workspace
Desktop background from DESIGNLOVEFEST
You know what I loved most about college? It wasn't the wild parties (or mostly lack thereof in my case), but the expectation and ability to dream big during this transitional time in our life. You are encouraged to have these off the wall goals in the years to come, without your peers and family thinking you are completely off your rocker. You're young and the world's your oyster, right? Even if you don't quite have it all figured out, you still have time. For me, there's nothing better than this feeling.
Four years ago (this Wednesday) I met a mentor for our first coffee date, and from that point on my life's path was completely changed. She started this dynamic and innovative nonprofit organization based on Arizona that had both a great reputation and a young staff. (This was BIG considering I only had previously met with professionals in the same field that were 3-4 decades my senior.) It was one of those moments that proved to me that the crazy notion of a nonprofit career was a possibility, something that would fulfill and challenge me at every stage of my development ahead.
Fast forward to today and one of my biggest dreams came true. As of 9 AM this morning I am a FULL-TIME employee at this change-making organization. After a year of the three part-time job juggle and a summer of travels, I am relieved to focus on one job, one to-do list, and one set of growth strategies. I sound like such a nerd, but as someone who craves consistency, I am over the moon at having one office to drive to every day.
For this MMM, I just hope my little triumph inspires you all to go after what you want. You too can dream up the job that is perfect for you, work your butt off to get there, follow-up like nobody's business, and find yourself right where you always wanted to be.
Happy Monday, loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment