Thursday, September 6, 2012

Timing


Time, it has been the topic of conversation a lot recently. I guess it goes back to the recent-college-grad-what-am-I-doing-with-my-life stage. We all seem to be obsessing over how long it will take to do this, that, and the other. Two of my friends even decided to debate whether time really exists. (Though I do love my fair share of philosophy and intellectual chats, their words were lost to me.) I have moved forward and accept that time is part of my everyday reality, but timing is a different story. I do not know what to think about this one.

As someone who has relied heavily on my worry-filled thoughts to occupy my spare brain cells, the fact that timing does not bother me proves quite surprising. I think this personal truth has a lot to do with my faith. I have worked very hard to let go and simply allow His plan to take effect. Timing has opened up perfect jobs, allowed me to take trips abroad, and so much more. I know it is really God behind all of this wonderfulness, so I have complete gratitude for his wisdom.

Moreover, timing impacts all happenings in our lives. I was recently exchanging stories of relationship break-ups, whether it was a band, friends, or significant others growing apart. My friend said that for romantic relationships "50% are actual feelings, 50% is timing." When I thought about his words more, I totally agree. There are many people that I have met in my life that I thought, "Wow, you would be SO perfect if you just matured/mellowed/etc." Ultimately, these people, places, and things would be perfect at a different point in our lives, but really there is a reason they presented themselves "too early/late." 

There have been and definitely still are moments in which I want everything in my life to just fall into place. Most recently, I have found that if I focus on living in the present and the blessings that surround me, time flies by much faster. My life right now is proof that with prayer, hard work, and an open heart, everything comes together. These days, I am a big believer in timing, even if I fail to grasp its significance 99% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment