Thursday, August 23, 2012

Librarian Chic: Warby Parker

via

I like to be different to a fault, but as for the cause-related brand shopping, I totally have hopped on the bandwagon.

Do you know what makes socially-conscious purchases even more fun?! Well, when they are actually wearable, fashionable, and unique. Warby Parker has managed to hit all of those points. (We all know what it's like to see a company with a great mission, but with products that aren't appealing.) As someone who prefers quirky, librarian-esque eyewear over contact lenses, I am in love with everything about this company.

WP was started by four friends who have continued to build their business by offering inexpensive options for a daily necessity, while also partnering with organizations around the world to provide glasses for people in developing nations. A close friend of mine directed me to their user-friendly website almost six months ago, and I am so thankful she did!

I am a proud owner of Huxley in Crystal (pictured above), and I have done everything I can to spread the word! (NOTE: If you decide to support this cause, then I suggest utilizing the free Home Try-On Program before you purchase your own set of frames.)

Meanwhile, I am in the process of deciding which pair to buy next. Glasses are my new favorite accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment