Monday, October 7, 2013

Playing Tourist in BCN

I usually like to play it cool when I travel. I like to act like a local and pretend I know where I am going and what I am doing. However, sometimes you just need to embrace the camera-strapped-around-your-neck reality. You just have to be a tourist. 

I explored Barcelona this past June with a group of well-traveled individuals. (The two boys had just backpacked for five weeks in Europe, and the two girls/sisters are my Belgian loves who have pretty much been everywhere you could go in this part of the world.) In the 8ish days we had together in this Spanish city we were determined to see/do all that was possible. 

With that as our goal, we ended up breaking a rule we take very seriously: never ride one of those double decker, tourist buses. (Don't judge me.)

I can't lie though, I loved every minute of it. We jumped on and off those buses more times than I can count on our first full-day, and because of that, we had our bearings for the rest of our trip. 

Below are some photos snapped between our double decker joy rides. (Thanks for some of the photos Morgs!) 

The full group in the Olympic Stadium

Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya


Truth: I was too terrified to ride one of these babies.

I would be fine if any of these was my summer flat.

Spanish time explained

I love this little one.

Nothing like finding these little gems during a long walk.

Take me back.

2 comments:

  1. yay spain post!! i actually really like those double decker buses. if you want to see all the tourist spots the quickest way thats the way to do it. my mom and i did it in paris when it was frrreezzzinng out and it was the prefect way to see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Isn't Barcelona amazing?! I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete