Every since I was a little one, I have been devouring books, reading whenever I had a few extra moments to steal away for a fantasy world only found in books. I read to escape the mundane, stressful, and too real world that we all live in. The Night Circus is why I keep reading.
Morgenstern transports you into a make-believe world that is so distinct and magical like J.K. Rowling did with every Harry Potter book. Morgenstern made me feel like I was sitting in the black-and-white striped tents of Le Cirque des RĂªves, just as Rowling made feel that Hogsmeade was just a dash of floo powder/fireplace away.
The Night Circus follows the life of two young people who are connected for eternity in a inescapable way they both never quite understand. A unique type of love story in a world I wish existed, The Night Circus is on my all-time favorite book list. My book club read this as our inaugural pick, and all of us truly enjoyed the novel in some way. Pick one up!
There are rumors that The Night Circus is going to be made into a movie. I am definitely skeptical about film adaptations of beloved books, but I am slightly interested, if only to see my fantasy on the screen.

oh it's it a little like... uhh what was that called? the one with the elephant?! omg i can't believe i forgot the name of that book!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED that book!! I would be so happy if it was made into a movie!
ReplyDeleteMe too. Fingers crossed that actually happens. I am not sure how they would recreate some of the magical scenes, but I would love to see Hollywood try.
Delete