So the last few weeks have been a blur of days, ending with me thinking, "so what exactly did I get done today?" Needless to say, work has been INSANE, but my mom lovingly refers to my "busyness" as job security. She makes a fabulous point, and I certainly cannot complain about a job that I truly love.
So, as I have been staring at a computer screen, killing tons of trees (sending tons of tool kits to our teachers and students across the country), and trying to simply stay sane, I have been listening to a lot of music.
I was fortunate enough to travel to Michigan last weekend for Wedding Reception #2 for Wedding #1 this summer. My trek to the Midwest was essentially nothing but perfection: close friends, their welcoming family, card games, action movies, yummy food, and tons of wine.
During our long drives to and from the airport, my friends reminded me of Jared & The Mill. (I love their video above.) They are an AZ band that has really started to take off. They remind me a bit of Mumford, but mostly, I just love their lyrics and idea that I can support someone local. Plus, there's nothing better than finding a new source of tunes.
So as my mind turns to jello during long days at the office, Jared & The Mill is playing in the background. (There's some good news if you enjoy them as much as I do.
Fingers crossed I can make this posting thing a more regular occurrence in the weeks to come...
im going to have to check these guys out!
ReplyDeletexo The Egg
Ooo this is a good find my friend!!
ReplyDeletegood song. and they totally have a mumford thing going on.
ReplyDeleteI love when you get a hint of a band you love. It's like finding another treasure trove of songs that you know you will love.
Delete